Finally, the newer version of SNES9X is out for DOS.
Now we can join the people on the MAC who have been playing
it for a while. You can download it in our Emulators Page. Please click on the banners as well :). Thanks to Ron Van Der Lee for the e-mail
to notify me. Here is a list of the newest features available
in this version of SNES9X straight from the Home Page:
|SNES9X v0.96 Finally Out! - June 14, '98 by JoseQ
Go Play Now!
- SuperFX support, needed for Yoshi's Island, StarFox, StuntRace FX and Vortex.
- Sound digital FIR filter and echo.
- Sound pitch modulation.
- Mouse & multi-tap support.
- 8-bit and 16-bit colour screen modes.
- Transparency (screen addition and screen subtraction).
- Offset-per-tile, needed for Tetris Attack, Puzzle Bobble, etc.
- Hi-RES and interlaced screen modes.
- Improved ROM detection routines.
- Lots & lots of bugfixes
- And finally the source will also be released so that the competition between authors can stop and we can finally work together.
One Article Up: System16 DirectX Beta Tease!
One Article Down: EV News? Barely...