free football betting tips oddslot professional soccer betting picks uk
The Site for Views on Emulators

- VIEWS -
REVIEWS
INTERVIEWS
EV BOARD
EV CHAT
THE VIEWS
TOP LISTS

- PROFILES -
EMULATORS
ROMS LITE
ROMS

- OTHER -
NEWS
LINKS
PRIVACY

NEWS w/o ICONS

SMS Power Mirror is here! - October 13,1999 by JoseQ
Well, how about 129 ROMs, newly available for download?Thanks to SMS Power and it's mirrors, I've beenable to gather 129 of their releases and posted themin the SMS ROMs Lite Page along withthe usual screenshots. For more detailed ROM downloading,you can use the traditional SMS ROMs Download Page which displaysthe ROM size among other things. As more ROMs are madeavailable, I'll try to post them here as fast as I can.Do you think I should try and add Atari 2600 ROMs aswell as maybe some C64 games? Comments are welcomed...

One Article Up: HotRod F.A.Q. Update!
One Article Down: Anticupid's Rumor ReView

Add Your Comments

Name: Do you care ? Posted: Friday, October 15, 1999 - (15:12)
Subject: The more, the merrier
From:
Some systems may be outdated, but when you have a site so good such as this, wouldn't you prefer to have a go at new (retro) experiences. Many think the earlier days of computing / arcade favoured playability. Now you can have lots of 3D games on your PIII PC, but how many do you really like and how few do you really play ?
Amiga and the first consoles would be a nice improvement to the first site I visit each time I'm caught in the Web...

[Post a reply]

Name: (-o-) Posted: Thursday, October 14, 1999 - (19:07)
Subject: Does it worth it?
From:
I don't think it's worth the effort to
put roms of systems that already have
great sites with tons of them...

Wouldn't it be better to put links to
such great pages/sites?

[Post a reply]

Name: SAV2880 Posted: Thursday, October 14, 1999 - (14:40)
Subject: Amiga & C64 indeed
From:
With the growing amount of companies who are smiling upon ADF and C64 products being brought into the public domain, I think these are the way to go. Look at places like Back2TheRoots and SimplyAmiga and AmigaEmulation, huge hallowed grounds for these systems. Definitely these two systems because of their growing popularity, and their apparant safeness in hosting such things.

SAV2880

[Post a reply]

Name: Sal Posted: Thursday, October 14, 1999 - (2:31)
Subject: Atari 7800
From:
Now that MESS is supporting the 7800, perhaps we will see a lot more 7800 ROMS around? I'd love to see how the 7800 version of Impossible Mission compares to the C-64 version, for instance...

Sal

[Post a reply]

Name: bigred Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (18:56)
Subject: yes get some com64
From:
it would be really cool if you can get some cool sport games from com64
Thanking you in advace

[Post a reply]

Name: ThumB Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (17:30)
Subject: Sure
From:
I have most of that anyway but it's always nice to see a trully compleate EMU site. If interested, I also could supply about 170 ColecoVision roms and bout 110 IntelliVision roms with full documentation. Might as well go all the way right?

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (18:57)
Subject: Re: Drop me a note! :)
From:
Hi:

I would be interested in posting those Coleco Vision ROMs if you can provide them to me. Can you drop me a note at joseq@emuviews.com?

JoseQ

>I have most of that anyway but it's always nice to see a trully compleate EMU site. If interested, I also could supply about 170 ColecoVision roms and bout 110 IntelliVision roms with full documentation. Might as well go all the way right?
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Refrenz Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (13:19)
Subject: Do it.
From:
I'd love to see C64, Spectrum and 2600 ROMs here, but maybe not Amiga. There have been quite a few Amiga sites offering adf disk images closed down and I'd hate to see Emuviews suffer the same fate.

[Post a reply]

Name: Carrot007 Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (13:12)
Subject: Oh Yeah...........
From:
Definatly, roms are always appriciated.

Even if smoe people don't care about a particular system, countless other will, so yeah host whatever you can please!!!!

Personally I love the follow systems.
Amiga
Spectrum
Amstrad CPC
Anything SEGA!!!!!

not to mention enjoy looking at everything else, even if just for curiosity. (hmm someday someone will make an aquarius emulator!!! I would but as I lost mine years ago, I can't dump the roms/games (tape+rom))

Carrot007.

[Post a reply]

Name: raindog Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (10:25)
Subject: Sure!
From:
A complete Atari 2600 collection might be nice since Atari 2600 Nexus keeps talking about leaving the ROM site business.... and they're so small, all of them put together are like 4 megs, smaller than a single neogeo game....

I also think it would be helpful to have an Astrocade collection now that the new MESS emulates it... you could be first as you were with Atari 7800 roms. Something to think about.

C64 sounds great and might take some heat off of Arnold. But that's gotta be about a gig though.... and that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Amiga stuff....

Thanks for all the stuff you already offer, and the new SMS dumps are great.

raindog

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (10:37)
Subject: Re: Sure!
From:
Hiya:

To be honest, space is not a concern. The only concerns is that adding the HUGE amount of A2600 and C64 games available is an incredibly big task. (When you add the screenshots, etc.). So I wouldn't want to do it without knowing that there s an interest first. However, file size is a concern since those ROMs are ideal because of their small sizes, so distribution is very nicely done. I'll keep reading what you guys have to say and keep considering it. :)

JoseQ
>A complete Atari 2600 collection might be nice since Atari 2600 Nexus keeps talking about leaving the ROM site business.... and they're so small, all of them put together are like 4 megs, smaller than a single neogeo game....
>
>I also think it would be helpful to have an Astrocade collection now that the new MESS emulates it... you could be first as you were with Atari 7800 roms. Something to think about.
>
>C64 sounds great and might take some heat off of Arnold. But that's gotta be about a gig though.... and that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Amiga stuff....
>
>Thanks for all the stuff you already offer, and the new SMS dumps are great.
>
>raindog
>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Dasme Posted: Thursday, October 14, 1999 - (13:27)
Subject: Re: Re: Sure!
From:
JoseQ,

I'd be more then happy to do all the screenshots for the Atari 2600 Games for you, and lighten your load a little. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know :)

Dasme

>Hiya:
>
>To be honest, space is not a concern. The only concerns is that adding the HUGE amount of A2600 and C64 games available is an incredibly big task. (When you add the screenshots, etc.). So I wouldn't want to do it without knowing that there s an interest first. However, file size is a concern since those ROMs are ideal because of their small sizes, so distribution is very nicely done. I'll keep reading what you guys have to say and keep considering it. :)
>
>JoseQ
>>A complete Atari 2600 collection might be nice since Atari 2600 Nexus keeps talking about leaving the ROM site business.... and they're so small, all of them put together are like 4 megs, smaller than a single neogeo game....
>>
>>I also think it would be helpful to have an Astrocade collection now that the new MESS emulates it... you could be first as you were with Atari 7800 roms. Something to think about.
>>
>>C64 sounds great and might take some heat off of Arnold. But that's gotta be about a gig though.... and that's a drop in the bucket compared to the Amiga stuff....
>>
>>Thanks for all the stuff you already offer, and the new SMS dumps are great.
>>
>>raindog
>>
>>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Thursday, October 14, 1999 - (15:09)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Sure!
From:
>JoseQ,
>
>I'd be more then happy to do all the screenshots for the Atari 2600 Games for you, and lighten your load a little. If this is something you'd be interested in, let me know :)
>
>Dasme

Definitely! If you could do this for me, that'd be amazing. I believe I have a CD with the A2600 ROMs in there, and getting the screenshots would be all that I would need to post them. You can send them in batches if that would make it easier for you. Send to joseq@emuviews.com. Thanks!

JoseQ

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (9:58)
Subject: C'mon guys...
From:
Would you like EmuViews to host any of the following ROMs?
- Amiga
- C64
- Atari 2600
- Others?

JoseQ

[Post a reply]

Name: Night Shadow Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (18:36)
Subject: Re: C'mon guys...
From:
>Would you like EmuViews to host any of the following ROMs?
> - Amiga
> - C64
> - Atari 2600
> - Others?
>
>JoseQ
>
Yeah !

Genesis Roms ...

Regards
Night Shadow

[Post a reply]

Name: birdman Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 1999 - (11:10)
Subject: Re: C'mon guys...
From:
>Would you like EmuViews to host any of the following ROMs?
> - Amiga

Amiga stuff would be wonderful if you've got the space/bw...

[Post a reply]

Post Some NEW Comments on this topic...
Name:
Subject:
Text:

© 2002 EmuViews