free football betting tips oddslot professional soccer betting picks uk
The Site for Views on Emulators

- VIEWS -
REVIEWS
INTERVIEWS
EV BOARD
EV CHAT
THE VIEWS
TOP LISTS

- PROFILES -
EMULATORS
ROMS LITE
ROMS

- OTHER -
NEWS
LINKS
PRIVACY

NEWS w/o ICONS

After Burner Emulated? - August 31,2000 by JoseQ
Well this may turn out to be nothing, but it could very well be something... So why not check it out? If you visit this link you'll see a couple of screenshots of the game in action (click on them and read!). There's even an mp3 file that you can download by clicking on a screenshot in the final page. Having not played After Burner in quite a while, I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe you guys could comment a bit about it here. What do you think? I know I'm eager to see this Arcade game again, hopefully we will. Thanks to city202 who posted on the Message Board here about it. Who could be behind this?

One Article Up: After Burner Emu Release!
One Article Down: Atari / Coleco Decathlon!

Add Your Comments

Name: jugs,r,us Posted: Monday, September 4, 2000 - (15:23)
Subject: wow
From:
hmmm afterburner aarrgghh!

[Post a reply]

Name: jugs,r,us Posted: Monday, September 4, 2000 - (14:51)
Subject: roms
From:
wheres the roms?????????????????????

[Post a reply]

Name: Captian Crazy/das Posted: Friday, September 1, 2000 - (22:10)
Subject: Hey City 202
From:
if you brake the encription you will be considerd a god by meny people !!! and ive played Thunder Blade At a beach about an hour away from where i live (New york State) has a thunder blade Deluxe Cabinet and I think City 202 is right about the game (thunder blade)does depend on the road Graphics because when i was in the first level most of the Background (top down View) was Road.

[Post a reply]

Name: City202 Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (21:49)
Subject: Thanks guys!
From:
Thanks to JoseQ, everyone who posted here and everyone at Emuviews, Retrogames and Emucamp (and everyone else who posted the news!) for all the good words! In a few days (hopefully) I'll have the real emulator name, website and e-mail up.
Glad the emu is working okay for everyone!
I'm just glad that we don't have to get our hopes up about any "After Burner school projects" or other annoying fakes any more (that really pissed me off!! LOL!)
Now the bad news: unfortunately AB Cop, GP Rider, Last Survivor, Line of Fire, Turbo Out Run and Super Monaco GP are all encrypted I think :(
I'm at least as disappointed as everyone else out there :(
The good news (as Frogacuda and many others pointed out) is that Thunder Blade (Jap) is not, but it's not working too well yet.
Playability is okay underneath I think, but the graphics is a mess: many sprites have an incorrect height of 255 (removed for the moment) for some reason, and it relies heavily on the road graphics emulation (not done yet: coming soon hopefully).
But it's only a matter of time!!
It's nowhere near playable yet but if you really want to see the Thunder Blade work in progress, run afterburneremu 3

Anyway, see you all later, and thanks for the support once again!


[Post a reply]

Name: eyen0de Posted: Friday, September 1, 2000 - (0:40)
Subject: Re: Thanks guys!
From:
Wait a minute... if I weren't a little tipsy from the evening wine I might not believe that the author of the AMAZING new AfterBurner II emu is actually *apologizing* to us for not being able to emulate other games due to encryption. I mean he can't be serious, right on the heels of a top-notch emulator release? Alas, the haze of the drunken hour has boosted my naivete.

TO THE AUTHOR: No need to apologize whatsoever! We're all totally thrilled with your emulator as-is and I am personally BLOWN AWAY with how fine it is. VERY nice work, THANK YOU from ALL of us!!! You are one helluva coder.. :-)

Cheers,
eyen0de


>Thanks to JoseQ, everyone who posted here and everyone at Emuviews, Retrogames and Emucamp (and everyone else who posted the news!) for all the good words! In a few days (hopefully) I'll have the real emulator name, website and e-mail up.
>Glad the emu is working okay for everyone!
>I'm just glad that we don't have to get our hopes up about any "After Burner school projects" or other annoying fakes any more (that really pissed me off!! LOL!)
>Now the bad news: unfortunately AB Cop, GP Rider, Last Survivor, Line of Fire, Turbo Out Run and Super Monaco GP are all encrypted I think :(
>I'm at least as disappointed as everyone else out there :(
>The good news (as Frogacuda and many others pointed out) is that Thunder Blade (Jap) is not, but it's not working too well yet.
>Playability is okay underneath I think, but the graphics is a mess: many sprites have an incorrect height of 255 (removed for the moment) for some reason, and it relies heavily on the road graphics emulation (not done yet: coming soon hopefully).
>But it's only a matter of time!!
>It's nowhere near playable yet but if you really want to see the Thunder Blade work in progress, run afterburneremu 3
>
>Anyway, see you all later, and thanks for the support once again!
>
>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Haze Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (23:05)
Subject: Re: Thanks guys!
From:
I was under the impression Turbo Outrun ran off the same hardware as outrun anyway ..just encrypted .. theres still afterburner 1 isn't there? ~700kb zipped if i remember ..

i wonder if the 3x68k games (power drift, galaxy force 2) used similar hardware for the gfx or if they just relied on the power of the 3 processors to do all their zoom calcs etc..




>Thanks to JoseQ, everyone who posted here and everyone at Emuviews, Retrogames and Emucamp (and everyone else who posted the news!) for all the good words! In a few days (hopefully) I'll have the real emulator name, website and e-mail up.
>Glad the emu is working okay for everyone!
>I'm just glad that we don't have to get our hopes up about any "After Burner school projects" or other annoying fakes any more (that really pissed me off!! LOL!)
>Now the bad news: unfortunately AB Cop, GP Rider, Last Survivor, Line of Fire, Turbo Out Run and Super Monaco GP are all encrypted I think :(
>I'm at least as disappointed as everyone else out there :(
>The good news (as Frogacuda and many others pointed out) is that Thunder Blade (Jap) is not, but it's not working too well yet.
>Playability is okay underneath I think, but the graphics is a mess: many sprites have an incorrect height of 255 (removed for the moment) for some reason, and it relies heavily on the road graphics emulation (not done yet: coming soon hopefully).
>But it's only a matter of time!!
>It's nowhere near playable yet but if you really want to see the Thunder Blade work in progress, run afterburneremu 3
>
>Anyway, see you all later, and thanks for the support once again!
>
>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (22:39)
Subject: Re: Thanks guys!
From:
Thank you for your great work and short notice followed by an awesome release! Needless to say I am honored to have you as a visitor, EV Board poster and comment poster.

Best of luck with future development, the website, emulator name and everything, Contact me at joseq@emuviews.com if I can help you with anything (or with secret info for the rumor mill ;) ) =P.

JoseQ

[Post a reply]

Name: Xiaou2 Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (20:56)
Subject: WhoooHooooooooo!!!!!!
From:

Am I Dreaming ??? :) (If so, please dont wake me up! :)

A huge THANK YOU !!! To the Person or party that brought this to us !!! :)

I think Im gona float to heaven now - with a long extension cord of course ;)

Some cool tips -

After a crach and right before the plane re-appears on the screen - Press and hold down-diagnol + Afterburner button. This will make a cool screen rolling entrance!

Durring game play... Do not forget about using all of your tools. Use the slowdown button untill missles are almost upon you... then hit the afterburners and turn or barrel roll.

Afterburners only work for a few seconds... but you can keep pressing them repeatedly in short burst when needed.

Be carefull of overuse of missiles as the smoke will be very hard to see the enemy! :)

Need a continue here :) Else I will never beat the darn thing :) I once beat the arcade in like 5$ at 1$ start 50 cents continue.

Thanks Again! :) :) :) :) :)

Sincerely,
Steve
:)

[Post a reply]

Name: Ice Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (18:50)
Subject: this is a good day
From:
Sega CD, 32X improvements, now Afterburner. I think I might explode. I haven't been this excited since I saw Outrun screenshots on System16...

I reckon the emu is real, check the difference between the missile smoke clouds on the 32X and arcade screenshots, more colours on the arcade.

BUT: goes to show how close the 32X version was. Now if Super Monaco GP and Line Of Fire (and Thunderblade) can be emulated too I'll be well happy...

Thanks immensely to whoever has achieved this. BTW: I reckon it's a good way to announce a new emulator - you don't get reams of junk e-mail sent your way since no-one knows who you are!

Ice

[Post a reply]

Name: Mr. Dick Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (17:40)
Subject: it looks damn real
From:
if you keep following the links a page with a bunch of REAL looking pics appear plus some info. too bad they can't emulate the damn cockpit moving

[Post a reply]

Name: Captian Crazy/das Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (17:38)
Subject: how about the other games !!!
From:
how about the other games that run on the after Burner hardware
AB Cop
GP Rider
Last Survivor
Line of Fire
Super Monaco GP
Thunder Blade

The protection could be broken
and After Burner and Super Monaco Gp

Use the same math processer and the zooming hardware !!!! and After Burner 2 is just After Burner w/o a throatle (to Change that you Change the Factory Settings !!

[Post a reply]

Name: RaMDaY Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (17:20)
Subject: Afterburner emulator
From:
He could have always ripped them from the Saturn version.

[Post a reply]

Name: Riven Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (17:17)
Subject: maybe it's real
From:
after you got me there is a screenshot od real emulated arcade and it says:
But don't worry - a little airbrus... I mean a little bit of extra emulation and here we have... the real arcade version of After Burner 2!

Graphics and copyright are different!!

[Post a reply]

Name: Bouncer Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (16:47)
Subject: Looks Good
From:
Yea, this looks good to me. But I wouldn't be so worried if the site wasn't hosted at GeoSh!tties.

[Post a reply]

Name: Haze Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (18:34)
Subject: Re: Looks Good
From:
I host my c2 wip page at geocities.. your point is?

[Post a reply]

Name: Bouncer Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2000 - (4:31)
Subject: Re: Re: Looks Good
From:
>I host my c2 wip page at geocities.. your point is?
>

My point is (or was) that many fake emus have been announced on GeoCities

[Post a reply]

Name: Wahs Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:45)
Subject: It's a hoax!
From:
Go to the next screen and it says:
"Okay - you got me: It says 1994 in the corner so it's just the 32x version running under AGES."

Go back to sleep . . .

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:46)
Subject: Re: It's a hoax!
From:
Read further down!

JoseQ

[Post a reply]

Name: Wahs Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:51)
Subject: Re: Re: It's a hoax!
From:
Oops, y'right again.

-Wahswillworkforglasses
>Read further down!
>
>JoseQ
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Steveir Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:32)
Subject: Hmm Im not so sure....
From:
Ok it LOOKS like arcade Afterburner...but why is there a copyright 1987,1994 Sega? The game was made in 87 so whats the 94 got to do with it? Maybe its a console version...I dunno. I hope Im just being sceptical cos Id really love to see Afterburner emulated :)

[Post a reply]

Name: Majestic12 Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:37)
Subject: Re: Hmm Im not so sure....
From:
I made the same mistake. Click on the screenshots.


>Ok it LOOKS like arcade Afterburner...but why is there a copyright 1987,1994 Sega? The game was made in 87 so whats the 94 got to do with it? Maybe its a console version...I dunno. I hope Im just being sceptical cos Id really love to see Afterburner emulated :)
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Tavish Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (15:12)
Subject: I love that game
From:
Wonderfull, Excelent ... I can't belive my eyes !
I think I was waitning for years to see a emulator for After Burner because After Burner, Shinobi and Shadow dancer are the best System 16 - System 18 games (Including Out Run)

But ... What happened with Turbo Out Run .... I love that game too !!

Suggestions to tavish01@hotmail.com

[Post a reply]

Name: Frogacuda Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (17:02)
Subject: Re: I love that game
From:
>Wonderfull, Excelent ... I can't belive my eyes !
>I think I was waitning for years to see a emulator for After Burner because After Burner, Shinobi and Shadow dancer are the best System 16 - System 18 games (Including Out Run)
>
>But ... What happened with Turbo Out Run .... I love that game too !!

Turbo Outrun has some tough-to-crack encryption.
Luckily ThunderBlade (japanese ver.) is unencrypted and runs on the After Burner hardware. I honestly like that game alot better tha after burnere anyway.

[Post a reply]

Name: Majaestic12 Posted: Thursday, August 31, 2000 - (18:02)
Subject: Re: Re: I love that game
From:
Yeah I agree. I really think thunderblade is Sega's best flight game.
Been itching to play it again for too long.


>>Wonderfull, Excelent ... I can't belive my eyes !
>>I think I was waitning for years to see a emulator for After Burner because After Burner, Shinobi and Shadow dancer are the best System 16 - System 18 games (Including Out Run)
>>
>>But ... What happened with Turbo Out Run .... I love that game too !!
>
>Turbo Outrun has some tough-to-crack encryption.
>Luckily ThunderBlade (japanese ver.) is unencrypted and runs on the After Burner hardware. I honestly like that game alot better tha after burnere anyway.
>

[Post a reply]

Post Some NEW Comments on this topic...
Name:
Subject:
Text:

© 2002 EmuViews