free football betting tips oddslot professional soccer betting picks uk
The Site for Views on Emulators

- VIEWS -
REVIEWS
INTERVIEWS
EV BOARD
EV CHAT
THE VIEWS
TOP LISTS

- PROFILES -
EMULATORS
ROMS LITE
ROMS

- OTHER -
NEWS
LINKS
PRIVACY

NEWS w/o ICONS

The Rumor Mill! - January 25,2001 by JoseQ
Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, it is time once again to post the weekly edition of The Rumor Mill here at EmuViews. This week I got a few goodies that you will most definitely find very interesting. I've got some rumors regarding: bleem! for Dreamcast, Bliss, FreezeSMS, FPSE, RockNES and Ages. Kind of limited list, but nonetheless, you'll find out it's juicy indeed. So let's get right on it, shall we?
Let's start with bleem! of course. As soon as I learned about Sega building Dreamcasts that would not support the MIL-CD format that bleem! was going to use, I personally delved deeper into the situation and went straight to the source, and interviewed a very trusted source. It seems the bleem! team is fully aware of the fact, and that absolutely does not stop it from continuous development. In fact, bleem! was the first to reverse-engineer the MIL-CD format well before Interact, Utopia or anyone else ever got anything running on the DC. Just think back to last May when bleem! already had their emulator already running on the Dreamcast. Their answer to this new threat is basically: "We've done it before, and we'll do it again". It's also a well known fact that every single DC owner today still has the capability of using bleem! with the MIL-CD format, and only a few limited DCs will come out with the protection. We'll see how this develops, but it is very likely that it is not a problem for this company.
Moving along to Bliss, the author is quite busy getting those fixes for bugs that have been reported. It seems there's a bit of incompatibility with some video cards, and the author is looking into making sure that's not a problem in a future release. That, and also working on input configurability and some website work. As you probably know, the author has added a Message Board where you can more directly explain your problems and know for certain that it will reach the author. Be sure to use it if you want to have your Bliss problems fixed.
My FreezeSMS report includes mention of the author experimenting with MAME's z80 core instead of Raze. Apparently, it may be more accurate, which seems fair, considering MAME's long track-record and wide audience. The author is going to do some tests, so expect reports to appear on the website as they are done.
The eye candy this week comes courtesy of FPSE. We were lucky to intercept a very nice looking screenshot from 'Ray Crisis' working on FPSE 0.09 interpreter mode. It looks pretty amazing. Take a look:

FPSE Screenshot

While the RockNES website moved to a new host, that doesn't mean we stopped spying on them. The report this week states that RockNES has reached a solid state, meaning the author is catching bug requests to work on and fixing them as time permits, while getting MMC5 to work fine. We also learned that RockNESX doesn't usually follow RockNES as closely as it's Mac counterpart for various reasons: It usually includes some specific DirectX work as well as many other improvements. So don't expect this port to be around in the next few days, although it is being worked on. Visine, Fx3's MegaMan level editor' is still on vacation since Novemeber; Fx3 plans to pick it up and put it back in action soon.
And finally, a short but nice AGES report. Quinntesson is working his way towards making a release soon, although the date is still not specified. We can only hope it happens soon.
Well, that is it for this week. Kind of limited on the number of juicy reports for this week, but nevertheless, it's very refreshing to know bleem! doesn't find the MIL-CD controversy as a major problem, and to see progress on other projects continue. Some authors were said to be on exams for this time, so expect them to make a comeback appearance in the Rumor Mill in the near future. Until next week, Qmeister signs off, and thanks for reading!

One Article Up: NeoPocott WIP
One Article Down: 2 New ReViews...

Add Your Comments

Name: cryptkilla Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2003 - (13:37)
Subject: dc
From: 12-230-116-39.client.attbi.com
how can i burn dc ...(dreamcast) games i tryed to burn a game at gameportal it took for ever and i saved it on a disk i put it in the dc system and it didn't work can any one at all help me please!?

[Post a reply]

Name: DUDE Posted: Sunday, February 2, 2003 - (15:37)
Subject: Dreamcast
From: ulmg-d9b900c4.pool.mediaways.net
can anybody tell me how i can rip or encoding dreamcastgames
to play them on pc

[Post a reply]

Name: Marius Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2001 - (19:42)
Subject: bleecast ???
From: 217.10.219.58
Hi!
Could somebody tell me where can I find
an ISO image of Bleemcast.

Best regards,
Marius

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2001 - (17:46)
Subject: Re: bleecast ???
From: spider-loh-tc061.proxy.aol.com
>Hi!
>Could somebody tell me where can I find
>an ISO image of Bleemcast.
>
>Best regards,
>Marius
>hi have u got a bleemcast iso image or know where i can get one plz email me at ape9225657@aol.com thanx

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Friday, June 29, 2001 - (5:14)
Subject: Re: bleecast ???
From: 212.31.242.101
>Hi!
>Could somebody tell me where can I find
>an ISO image of Bleemcast.
>
>Best regards,
>Marius
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2003 - (0:22)
Subject: Re: Re: bleecast ???
From: 200.226.35.65
>>Hi!
>>Could somebody tell me where can I find
>>an ISO image of Bleemcast.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Marius
>>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: rameez Posted: Thursday, August 23, 2001 - (8:21)
Subject: Re: Re: bleecast ???
From: 03-057.045.popsite.net
>>Hi!
>>Could somebody tell me where can I find
>>an ISO image of Bleemcast.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Marius
>>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Monday, January 29, 2001 - (0:05)
Subject:
From: 202.109.0.84

[Post a reply]

Name: ZADOCK Posted: Sunday, January 28, 2001 - (15:43)
Subject: Looping
From: 205.188.193.39
Geeze Phil, I was gonna email you yesterday after I started understanding Sky Bumper which runs on the same bizare hardware. Good for you =)

zadock "the righteous"

[Post a reply]

Name: WTD Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2001 - (8:54)
Subject: PS2 , DC , XBox
From: 193.137.239.226
For the emulation scene i think x-box will kick ass . If it will be so easy to program as they say , xbox will kick ass . DC is dieing , PS2 is sucking (prices are stupid) and xbox are being delayed but if it's BiLLy's little daughter and i think it will rock . I have a psx now and i really don't know where does this war goes ... Anyway i now prefer to play some old emul games rather than new sh!tty crap new games . It's just more fun to play old glories ...
There's hundreds of games now that bores me . Like TR5 , Quake TA , and thousand clones .

Cya !

[Post a reply]

Name: raindog Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (9:42)
Subject: warez killing DC? nah...
From: 24.92.57.115
There's plenty of warez d00dz out there using Windows and still it just won't die. ;)

[Post a reply]

Name: APE Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (19:12)
Subject: Sega
From: 172.136.26.249
Sega is not a stupid company. Sony is. Look at the games the SuckStation has, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Metal Gear, all former developers for Nintendo. Sony couldnt make up their own games, they have to have sequals made of great games. Thats just wrong. Microsoft isnt doing that. Theyre in it for the money. You can't blame them for wanting to squeeze the money out of gamers. But you can blame them for squeezing too much (ie Sony's $300 DVD player).

[Post a reply]

Name: WTD Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (11:15)
Subject: Re: warez killing DC? nah...
From: 193.137.239.226
>There's plenty of warez d00dz out there using Windows and still it just won't die. ;)
>
>

Could not be the direct cause but for sure may help ...

About windows , that's because every company that
must use a pc legally in order must own a original copy of windowze ... lol , :P

This may not have much related with emulation but remember that SEGA has plans to release some SEGA classics from GENESiS probably under KGEN as ocurred in SEGA SMASH PACK #1 and #2 for PC . I grabbed #2 release and there were some roms and KGEN disguised , :P

Wonder what will happen next :)

Cya !

[Post a reply]

Name: APE Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (19:45)
Subject: Re: Re: warez killing DC? nah...
From: 172.136.26.249
They won't use KGEN, they'll use Gens. Only Gens will play the 48mbit Street Fighter full speed on a 300mhz amd athlon w/64 mb of ram. so why not a 200mhz Hitachi SH-4 w/16mb of ram?

[Post a reply]

Name: kotatsuneko Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (5:41)
Subject:
From: 172.141.43.37
well the only sites i know sega had shut down were iso news sites with links to d/l or get access to ftps to get isos for dc

so imho sega was damn right to have them shut down...

how many msgs/chat room discussions have i seen re: dc isos how to get them how many u got etc?

yeh go ahead kill the best console for years....

oh $!@# it this activity has already put a few good nails in the coffin already...

seems people whove got used to napster wanna buy a console and get all the new games free too..

youth of america, a good deal of you suck!

-kots

[Post a reply]

Name: Weezle69 Posted: Saturday, January 27, 2001 - (10:26)
Subject: Re:
From: 209.206.240.40
>well the only sites i know sega had shut down were iso news sites with links to d/l or get access to ftps to get isos for dc
>
>so imho sega was damn right to have them shut down...
>
>how many msgs/chat room discussions have i seen re: dc isos how to get them how many u got etc?
>
>yeh go ahead kill the best console for years....
>
>oh $!@# it this activity has already put a few good nails in the coffin already...
>
>seems people whove got used to napster wanna buy a console and get all the new games free too..
>
>youth of america, a good deal of you suck!
>
>-kots
>
I think those of you out there that are pissed off about people getting free games and applications, are just jelious because you don't know how to get them your self. You can get vertually any application or game for free if you know where to look. >:o)

[Post a reply]

Name: Obi Wan Celeri Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (19:10)
Subject: Some things don't change
From: 24.200.144.180
Forgive me for being an antagonist but anyways...

First of all, I've marked an X on Sega ever since it went to court over websites containing "offending" material. I will not put money into a company that might sue me because I don't agree with it's point of view and go public with it.

Secondly, isn't it weird that Sega didn't call up the bleem guys and sign a deal to emulate stuff on PC/Mac? And instead is going for a whatever adapter that might cost loads more? Maybe Bleem doesn't have that much of a great track record but my final impression is that Sega is too greedy to share the pie; You generally loose it all when you think like that. Oh well.

It looks like emulation is still considered like piracy for the "big" players in the field. Just goes to show there's a lot of narrow minded people out there.

[Post a reply]

Name: APE Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (19:18)
Subject: Re: Some things don't change
From: 172.136.26.249
It is piracy when the console has games that are heavily encrypted. Also itws piracy when the console is not dead. Except for the playstation. That is called "backing-up".

[Post a reply]

Name: Craig Procter Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (23:55)
Subject: Re: Some things don't change
From: 198.142.44.226
>Forgive me for being an antagonist but anyways...
>
>First of all, I've marked an X on Sega ever since it went to court over websites containing "offending" material. I will not put money into a company that might sue me because I don't agree with it's point of view and go public with it.
>
>Secondly, isn't it weird that Sega didn't call up the bleem guys and sign a deal to emulate stuff on PC/Mac? And instead is going for a whatever adapter that might cost loads more? Maybe Bleem doesn't have that much of a great track record but my final impression is that Sega is too greedy to share the pie; You generally loose it all when you think like that. Oh well.
>
>It looks like emulation is still considered like piracy for the "big" players in the field. Just goes to show there's a lot of narrow minded people out there.
>

This is my exact opinion with regards to Sony and Nintendo.. and I worked in that videogame production industry as QA and a programmer for 3 years.

Those companies are so greedy and want to wring as much money out of the consumer for their products as they can - which, after all.. is the current aim of any business - but a business model which has to change for that or any business to succeed in the long term - if you don't give back, you fold. But when fan sites or even general information sites about a particular companies products are targetted for infringing on that companies intellectual rights, then that is ridiculous.

A similar example is the music industry targeting band fan sites. Or even at a stretch MP3 - instead of embracing the changes that technology brings and finding a way of using that technology to everyone's advantage, they are scared of it and try to stamp it out because it infringes on the 'old way' of doing things (distribution and control of a product to the consumer). Although of course with MP3 there is actual loss to the distributer (not a bad thing in my opinion, almost all 'middle men' are total sharks who only succeed in driving costs upwards - burn and flay the lot of them I say! :) ).

[Post a reply]

Name: reality check Posted: Thursday, April 3, 2003 - (20:44)
Subject: Re: Re: Some things don't change
From: 0-1pool45-8.nas3.little-rock1.ar.us.da.qwest.net
You obviously have NO IDEA how business works or why we need it. If it weren't for the so called middle man you wouldn't have music, videos, or anything else. Try taking a course on economics, and I don't mean the unrealistic, impractical, implausible liberal type either. Without business, we would be just another third world country.

[Post a reply]

Name: WTD Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (15:07)
Subject: Dreamcast
From: 193.137.239.226
There are some rumors running the net about SEGA's DC manufactory ending next
march month , from that date on they will simply build no more DC's , only selling stocked ones . So anyway sega is $!@#ed up ... they seem to being developing games for Nintendo's GBA and SONY's PS2.
Is this caused by software piracy anyway ?

There's not an official position about these rumors but think . What would happen if SEGA announces that ? Not even stocked consoles would sell a sh!t ...

Cya !

[Post a reply]

Name: Wiseman Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (12:56)
Subject: Re: Dreamcast
From: 62.83.45.25
They aren't going to stop the production, but slow down it a bit, and license the rights of the Dreamcast On A Card technology to third party companies.

As for the negotiations on developing games for the PS2, man, this SUCK ASS!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder why SEGA is a so damn $!@#ing stupid company to even negotiate with Sony! They've made a great console, and they're winning: the Dreamcast simply kicks the PS2 in graphics, sound, games quality, games variety, number of games, hardware price, software price, avaiability, Internet, online gaming, broadband online gaming and accesories. Why is SEGA even considering the development for the PS2? The PS2 is like a new Saturn: too hard to develop for, too hard to make a decent game, most games sucks then. And, to make things worse, it's limited to a laaaaaame 4 MB of video RAM without texture compression. Think about a dual LOW-RES 640x240 24 bpp framebuffer and you get... 1.5 MB for textures, against an effective size (uncompressed) of 30 MB on the Dreamcast on high-res with good antialiasing (while the PS2 gives 2 options to developers: no antialiasing, or ugly blurring. You choose). That's why games like Shenmue or Sonic Adventure kick so hard every single PS2 game. The only real advantage of the PS2 is the "PlayStation" name.

I expect SEGA refuses to work for the evil Sony and stops the stupid rumors. The Dreamcast is not dead, it's kicking ass!!

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (16:57)
Subject: Re: Dreamcast
From: 212.151.106.201
DreamCast is not dead.. they will continue with it and eventually stop manufacture the consoles but the Plug-in cards for the PCs and other types of stuff will continue instead.. So PCs will be able to play the current DC game lineup..

>There are some rumors running the net about SEGA's DC manufactory ending next
>march month , from that date on they will simply build no more DC's , only selling stocked ones . So anyway sega is $!@#ed up ... they seem to being developing games for Nintendo's GBA and SONY's PS2.
>Is this caused by software piracy anyway ?
>
>There's not an official position about these rumors but think . What would happen if SEGA announces that ? Not even stocked consoles would sell a sh!t ...
>
>Cya !
>

[Post a reply]

Name: kinokosarada Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (18:59)
Subject: Re: Re: Dreamcast
From: 193.248.184.72
So we won't need an emulator to play Dreamcast games on PC's ? Sounds great !!!...lol

>DreamCast is not dead.. they will continue with it and eventually stop manufacture the consoles but the Plug-in cards for the PCs and other types of stuff will continue instead.. So PCs will be able to play the current DC game lineup..
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Wiseman Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (12:58)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Dreamcast
From: 62.83.45.25
Actually, not even a Pentium 4 with a GeForce 2 GTS will be able to emulate the Dreamcast properly.

>So we won't need an emulator to play Dreamcast games on PC's ? Sounds great !!!...lol
>
>>DreamCast is not dead.. they will continue with it and eventually stop manufacture the consoles but the Plug-in cards for the PCs and other types of stuff will continue instead.. So PCs will be able to play the current DC game lineup..
>>
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Sephirstein Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (18:52)
Subject: Re: Re: Dreamcast
From: 206.47.244.30
>DreamCast is not dead.. they will continue with it and eventually stop manufacture the consoles but the Plug-in cards for the PCs and other types of stuff will continue instead.. So PCs will be able to play the current DC game lineup..
>
>>There are some rumors running the net about SEGA's DC manufactory ending next
>>march month , from that date on they will simply build no more DC's , only selling stocked ones . So anyway sega is $!@#ed up ... they seem to being developing games for Nintendo's GBA and SONY's PS2.
>>Is this caused by software piracy anyway ?
>>
>>There's not an official position about these rumors but think . What would happen if SEGA announces that ? Not even stocked consoles would sell a sh!t ...
>>
>>Cya !
>>

Natural rise-and-fall...Sony was in the same position 5 years that MS is now for example...

[Post a reply]

Name: SS Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (13:48)
Subject: bleemcast
From: 207.16.156.177
I'm beginning to think that the Dreamcast will be dead and burried and Sega will be out of the console making business before we ever see bleemcast.

[Post a reply]

Name: Wiseman Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (13:02)
Subject: Re: bleemcast
From: 62.83.45.25
Don't worry about the Dreamacst, if there's one console which has a bizarre future due to its ugly graphics, bad games and worse prices, that's the PS2. Just read my message above.

>I'm beginning to think that the Dreamcast will be dead and burried and Sega will be out of the console making business before we ever see bleemcast.
>

[Post a reply]

Name: pers Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (8:49)
Subject: read it yourself here, Jose
From: 129.215.16.11
http://www.dailyradar.co.uk/features/game_feature_page_402_1.html

[Post a reply]

Name: pers Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (8:47)
Subject: bleem
From: 129.215.16.11
Jose,

I read today on a british teletext news site that Sega has announced that after March there will be no more DC's manufactured, aparat from a single chipset board for PCs etc., so how can Sega be considering a new CD format in this timescale.

Secondly, If bleem doesnt release this DC PSXemulator soon, then there wont be much of a DC market left to release it into!

Pers.

[Post a reply]

Name: Wiseman Posted: Friday, January 26, 2001 - (13:04)
Subject: Re: bleem
From: 62.83.138.122
What you've read is Sony-distorted news. Please read my message above.

>Jose,
>
>I read today on a british teletext news site that Sega has announced that after March there will be no more DC's manufactured, aparat from a single chipset board for PCs etc., so how can Sega be considering a new CD format in this timescale.
>
>Secondly, If bleem doesnt release this DC PSXemulator soon, then there wont be much of a DC market left to release it into!
>
>Pers.
>

[Post a reply]

Name: JoseQ Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (10:41)
Subject: Re: bleem
From: 216.42.53.2
I think that this upcoming announcement might include some newer/different Dreamcast type of deal... Let's just be patient and see what's new.

JoseQ

[Post a reply]

Name: pers Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (11:06)
Subject: Re: Re: bleem
From: 129.215.16.11
>I think that this upcoming announcement might include some newer/different Dreamcast type of deal... Let's just be patient and see what's new.
>
>JoseQ

But how does this integrate with what you heard from Bleem about bleemcast. From what it says on daily radar the dreamcast will simply turn into a board for inside the PC or as part of a "DVD home entertainment unit". Therefore, it would surely have to function with a PC CD or DVD drive.

[Post a reply]

Name: eatcrow Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (3:47)
Subject: duuude...
From: 64.156.224.78
i need to know what atlus and cave have been up to these days... i played a fighter on dc with supreme animation, a few months back and i stumble upon prime shooters by these guys way back when. {esprade, anyone?} sadly, i think its wrong how relatively new shooters will be missed by a whole generation of kids who have never even seen an arcade.

[Post a reply]

Name: Supersj3 Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (1:09)
Subject: agggh
From: 192.128.166.68
i had it and the stupid pc gives out on me.. aww well.. next week is MINE!!!

[Post a reply]

Name: Some bloke Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (18:13)
Subject: Re: agggh
From: 213.1.195.97
Get a life you sad $!@#er

>i had it and the stupid pc gives out on me.. aww well.. next week is MINE!!!
>

[Post a reply]

Name: [cutter] Posted: Thursday, January 25, 2001 - (0:41)
Subject: im first
From: 194.170.1.66
im first this week. go AGES :_)

[Post a reply]

Post Some NEW Comments on this topic...
Name:
Subject:
Text:

© 2002 EmuViews