free football betting tips oddslot professional soccer betting picks uk
The Site for Views on Emulators

- VIEWS -
REVIEWS
INTERVIEWS
EV BOARD
EV CHAT
THE VIEWS
TOP LISTS

- PROFILES -
EMULATORS
ROMS LITE
ROMS

- OTHER -
NEWS
LINKS
PRIVACY

NEWS w/o ICONS

XMAME 0.37b15.1! - July 07,2001 by JoseQ
A new version of XMAME has been released today! You can download a patch to update from 0.37b14.2 from the XMAME website linked above. As it usually happens first, this is an XMAME release only, if you want XMESS, you have to go back to version 0.36.1 or 0.37b13.2. This version puts the Linux port up to date with the original build, except from some small detailes like steadykey support and the new RGB blitters. However, there's some other fixes and changes so be sure to check out the changes.unix file for all the details. Enjoy!

One Article Up: New 1964!
One Article Down: Screenmania Update!

Add Your Comments

Name: Sephirstein Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2001 - (18:53)
Subject: Well...
From: hse-ottawa-ppp238083.sympatico.ca
DOS and commandline emus rocked in like 1998 when many people did not have powerful enough PCs to run Windows-based emulators efficiently (if even at all). Nowadays that's a problem for so few people that it's not worth maintaining both a DOS and Win9x port of the same emu. Resources wasted on the DOS port would be better spent porting to a platform like Linux or MacOS. Of course, if an author has only a DOS emulator and wishes to simply maintain without bothering to make a Win9x port, that would make perfect sense.

[Post a reply]

Name: kgyujg Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - (23:56)
Subject: Re: Well...
From: 61-217-209-66.hinet-ip.hinet.net
>DOS and commandline emus rocked in like 1998 when many people did not have powerful enough PCs to run Windows-based emulators efficiently (if even at all). Nowadays that's a problem for so few people that it's not worth maintaining both a DOS and Win9x port of the same emu. Resources wasted on the DOS port would be better spent porting to a platform like Linux or MacOS. Of course, if an author has only a DOS emulator and wishes to simply maintain without bothering to make a Win9x port, that would make perfect sense.
>

[Post a reply]

Name: micL Posted: Monday, July 9, 2001 - (4:13)
Subject: Re: Well...
From: 212.10.236.93
>DOS and commandline emus rocked in like 1998 when many people did not have powerful enough PCs to run Windows-based emulators efficiently (if even at all). Nowadays that's a problem for so few people that it's not worth maintaining both a DOS and Win9x port of the same emu. Resources wasted on the DOS port would be better spent porting to a platform like Linux or MacOS.


Hardcoding the gui into the emulator code will/would surely increase the trouble with porting an emu from one platform to another.

Without gui one has to write new input handlers and screen-output code.
If one also had to rewrite the windows gui code... have you ever seen the source code to even a small windows gui? It is not easy to find one's way around.

- micL

[Post a reply]

Name: micL Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2001 - (17:35)
Subject: GUI
From: 212.10.236.93
I expected this thread to be x-mame related...

If you want a GUI why don't you just download one? There are several to choose from.

For x-mame, my favorite GUI is grustibus http://grustibus.sourceforge.net/

For windows there are loads.

- micL

[Post a reply]

Name: I Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2001 - (4:43)
Subject:
From: hse-ottawa-ppp237923.sympatico.ca
I can't believe you'd still host a piece of shit site where the guy said he'd be gone for 2 weeks and hasn't put his site back up in like a year...cancel his hosting and tell him to go to thell.



[Post a reply]

Name: I Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2001 - (4:44)
Subject: Re:
From: hse-ottawa-ppp237923.sympatico.ca
>I can't believe you'd still host a piece of shit site where the guy said he'd be gone for 2 weeks and hasn't put his site back up in like a year...cancel his hosting and tell him to go to thell.
>
>
>
>

I'm referring to SCDPower btw...

[Post a reply]

Name: Steve Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (21:43)
Subject: Mame 32 Emulator
From: spider-wn034.proxy.aol.com
MameLang is just like Mame 32. DOwnload Mamelang. Unzip it. Next download a Mame
emulator like b13. Take the .dll files
only from the Mame you unzipped and put them into mamelang. Two files need to be put there and you will have a Mame32
emulator. Hope this helps!!!


silverballwiz

[Post a reply]

Name: MAME RULES! Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (11:52)
Subject: MAME32
From: dialup-209.246.95.90.dial1.newyork1.leve*0G;et
WHERE IS MAME32? I WANT THAT EMULATOR! There has not been an uipdate in 2 months, PLEASE make a MAME32.

[Post a reply]

Name: Spiffbot Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (15:03)
Subject: Re: MAME32
From: cdm-66-28-98-tylr.cox-internet.com
>1.leve*0G;et
>WHERE IS MAME32? I WANT THAT EMULATOR! There has not been an uipdate in 2 months, PLEASE make a MAME32.
>
Follow the link below to check-out the progress being made on the next version of Mame32.

http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/

[Post a reply]

Name: Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 - (10:47)
Subject: Re: Re: MAME32
From: 62.47.72.60
>
>>1.leve*0G;et
>>WHERE IS MAME32? I WANT THAT EMULATOR! There has not been an uipdate in 2 months, PLEASE make a MAME32.
>>
>Follow the link below to check-out the progress being made on the next version of Mame32.
>
>http://www.classicgaming.com/mame32qa/
>

[Post a reply]

Name: Sephirstein Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (13:09)
Subject: Re: MAME32
From: hse-ottawa-ppp239084.sympatico.ca
>1.leve*0G;et
>WHERE IS MAME32? I WANT THAT EMULATOR! There has not been an uipdate in 2 months, PLEASE make a MAME32.

I think they should give up on MAME and only develop MAME32. Who the hell needs DOS emulators?

[Post a reply]

Name: anar Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (14:58)
Subject: Re: Re: MAME32
From: ool-18baf1f8.dyn.optonline.net
Mame isn't a dos emulator anymore, for the last couple of releases it has been windows based.

[Post a reply]

Name: John Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2001 - (17:41)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: MAME32
From: dialup-209.246.83.237.dial1.newyork1.levG;net
I believe he meant GUI interfaced emulators, STICK WITH THEM ONLY. Command line sucks!

[Post a reply]

Name: NiK Posted: Sunday, July 8, 2001 - (18:51)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: MAME32
From: pec-58-41.tnt4.b2.uunet.de
>k1.levG;net
>Command line sucks!
>

Ummm, why?

[Post a reply]

Name: trojan Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2001 - (4:51)
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MAME32
From: 213.205.145.242
>>k1.levG;net
>>Command line sucks!
>>
>
>Ummm, why?
>

nah it doesn't, command lines rules - total freedom

[Post a reply]

Post Some NEW Comments on this topic...
Name:
Subject:
Text:

© 2002 EmuViews